On Thursday, March 12, 2020, the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services provided new recommendations to mitigate and prevent the spread of Covid-19. These recommendations require that any gatherings of 250 people or more, be suspended through the end of March. Further, it is recommended that smaller events that cannot guarantee social distancing of six feet per person, should also be canceled.
The global Coronavirus pandemic (Covid-19) is a serious threat to public health. It has the potential to spread rapidly and impact large populations. For vulnerable individuals (elderly, existing conditions like diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, immunocompromised state), this disease also has a potentially high mortality rate.
As Muslims, we believe it is our responsibility to safeguard the health of ourselves and others. Therefore, all local community leaders and Islamic Centers (Masjid Fresno, Badr Islamic Center, Islamic Cultural Center of Fresno, MY DEEN, Madera Islamic Center, Masjid Al Aqaba, and Valley Crescent School) have collectively decided that Jumma prayer will not be held on March 13, 2020 at these Masjids. After careful deliberation and shared advice, we have concluded that these measures must be taken to preserve the health and human rights of the communities we serve. In lieu of Jumma prayer, please pray the Dhur prayer on your own at your home or business.
Please continue to check your email for updates.
We encourage everyone to follow the guidelines and information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on the CDC website to learn about the disease and to minimize exposure to COVID-19.
· Wash and sanitize hands thoroughly
· Avoid close contact with others and practice social distancing
· When you sneeze or cough, use a shirt sleeve or tissue
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
· If you are feeling sick, avoid going near others and stay home
· If you are susceptible to getting sick, avoid public exposure and stay home
· If you have traveled anywhere, use extra measures and precautions to protect those around you
· Err on the side of caution in all matters
We pray that Allah protects our community and gives us peace and tranquility.