MFIC Guidelines for the month of Ramadan 1441 A.H.
1. Due to the current situation regarding the coronavirus and for the sake of protecting the health and safety of our community and coping with the State and City rules, we will not hold the Taraweeh prayer in congregation at the masjid this year.
2. In order to remind our brothers and sisters with the recitation of the Qur’an and to encourage them to read the Qur’an during this Holy Month, the Imam will post a recitation of one Juz’ from the Qur’an everyday with his voice on his YouTube channel:
3. There will be a short speech by the Imam every day on different subjects posted on his YouTube channel. Notifications with the recitation and speeches will be sent out via email, WhatsApp, and Facebook.
4. It is highly advised that you maintain the five daily prayers in congregation with your family and to teach your children and encourage them to lead the prayers.
5. You are encouraged to take advantage of the current situation to hold Taraweeh prayer in congregation with your family at home and motivate the children to lead some of these prayers with any part or Surah of the Qur’an. Please note that you are not obligated to read the entire Qur’an in Taraweeh, but should be inspired to read as much as you can.
6. With the exception of gathering at the masjid, continue to perform all acts of worship that you typically do in every Ramadan including but not limited to: fasting, prayers, charity, Taraweeh, etc.
7. The Board would like to also remind you that maintaining the masjid and keeping it running rely solely on your generous contributions during Fridays, fundraising during the month of Ramadan and other occasions. However, this year none of the above is available. Therefore, we encourage you to continue your generous contributions and donations to the General Fund of the masjid during these uncertain times and especially during the month of Ramadan in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to be very generous.
You can donate through the MFIC website (www.masjidfresno.org/donate), or mail your donation to MFIC at 2111 E Shaw Ave, Fresno, CA 93710, or simply drop your donation in the mailbox of the masjid, which located in front of the main gate outside the fence. Your continuous support and help is greatly appreciated.
May Allah reward you with the best and accept from all of us.
Board of MFIC